Lama Jigme Gyatso
Medicinal Meditation - 10feb23
He told me of the more than nine years he spent on meditative retreat, and of his frustrated search to receive the teachings for a very unusual form of Pho’wa (or forceful transference of consciousness) that would allow his mind to enter others’ bodies that he might better diagnose and heal them. Weeks elapsed and then during last night’s meditation a hack or work-around gently dawned on me. The brainstorm returned to me this morning, as I was setting up for my morning livestream. It felt like it demanded to be recorded as a Sadhana (or spiritual practice).
It was composed during the twenty-five minutes I thought I would prepare for class, and edited (rather slap dash) as I led the practice on line.
1) Open the practice by chanting the recitations of Bodhichitta, Refuge, as well as “Calling the Lama from Afar” and perform the five following exercises, sixteen rounds each.
2) Train in mindfulness and meditation by mounting the slogans “Notice this…” and “relaxing!” upon your respective inhalations and exhalations.
3) Contemplate the non-duality slogans “they and me…” “how NOT two?”.
4) Return to mindfulness and meditation.
5) Contemplate the love slogans “Profound health…” “now for ALL!”.
And 6) return again to mindfulness and meditation.
7) As your stamina builds, this cycle of exercises three through six
could be repeated for 2, 4, or even 8 sets.
8) Seal the practice by chanting the Four Immeasurables; repeat these eight steps every twelve hours and you could meditate like a Jedi
Meditation and philosophy livestream (from a geeky perspective) every 12 hours – https://www.Youtube.com/@lamajigmeg – linktree in profile - #love #lettinggo #meditation
Latest chanting guide and meditation text - https://f9c79b97-0c9c-4bb3-bddf-1a943f5a54d7.filesusr.com/ugd/c5e62c_b88ce3a8994b4d438ce277ebabf82507.pdf
Let us conclude
with a simple
call to action
In the Tibetan tradition Lamas are supported
not by monasteries but by students
as such the production of these livestreams,
blogs, and class materials is supported
by the generosity of viewers, and listeners, and readers
just like you.
Join our nightly livestream.
Download FREE practice materials.