When I told
When I told my teacher, Gen Wangmo, that I desired to be a monk, a predatory expression danced upon her face as she asked me how I'd support myself.
For in the Tibetan Tradition monastics must pay for room, and food, and robes and books and the like. This money often comes from family or friends, or patrons (who make donations), or students and monks who find no patronage sometimes become
homeless, wandering, long-haired Buddhist yogis.
As a disabled fellow, I found this to be quite
physically taxing, and have resolved that the
Buddha Joy Meditation School 501 (c)(3)
would use the donations it receives to support
the next generation of monastics that they
might study and practice without the ensnaring distraction of searching for sustenance, shelter,
The feeding and guidance of
the poor, veganism, animal abolition
and sustainability also we support.
So please enjoy all the blogs and podcasts
and videos and live webinars that the
Buddha Joy Meditation School freely offers
you and find it in your heart to support us with a monthly, tax-deductible donation through PayPal.
To those who would be
my gratis students
I would remind you
that neither fear, nor guilt, nor desperation
will serve you well
on the path of meditation.
Simply be punctual in your attendance
enthusiastic in your homework,
generous with your skillset,
and everything could take care of itself.
MAKING THE WORLD A KINDER PLACE,
ONE STUDENT AT A TIME.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we promote mindfulness, health and happiness. And in addition to teaching meditation and philosophy, we support other forms of outreach to help achieve our goal:
– Gratis spiritual counseling,
– Gratis meditation instruction,
– Gratis philosophical instruction,
– Gratis nutritional instruction,
– Gratis educational materials,
– Financial support of vegan-based feeding of the needy,
– Financial support of nutritional research and education,
– Financial support of ecological research and sustainability institutes,
– The training of future lay and ordained lamas, and
– Monastic support (housing, feeding, clothing, medical needs and education).
– As well as the EXPENSES incurred in our online outreach such as webinar platform fees, podcast hosting fees, website hosting fees, email list management fees, adobe video editor subscription fees and the like.
While we work very hard, we simply can’t accomplish our mission without your support.
Please consider a setting-up a monthly, tax-deductible donation, in the amount of your choosing, through PayPal.